I am a four corners area CPA who provides specialized accounting services for a variety of non-profit organizations. I work with charitable and membership organizations, civic and social service organizations, schools, churches and more.
Maintaining an understanding of cash flow is vital to any non-profit, and Laura E. Hokanson, CPA, CGMA, MSc is here to help. I offer financial statement preparation, budgeting and forecasting so you always know where your organization's money is going.
Whatever the purpose of your non-profit, no organization is sustainable without proper planning. That's why Laura E. Hokanson, CPA, CGMA, MSc provides comprehensive tax compliance services designed specifically for non-profits. I also provide consulting services and will evaluate your internal controls and implement any changes needed to prevent fraud.
Want to learn more about my not-for-profit tax and accounting services? Give me a call at (970) 426-2256 to schedule your free initial consultation.
Non-profit accounting and tax services include:
- Outsourced controllership
- Bookkeeper oversight and training
- Bank reconciliations
- Accounts receivable (donations, grants and contributions)
- Accounts payable
- Period-end closing and reconciliation
- Financial statement preparation
- QuickBooks Premier for Non-Profits set-up, training and consulting
- Cash flow planning and management
- Liaison with outside CPA, attorneys, bankers and other consultants
Consulting and Advisory Services
- Strategic and financial consulting
- Strengthen internal controls and related monitoring
- Accounting systems and controls
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Board training
- Facility development and expansion plans
- Software needs assessment
- Donor, grant and fundraising consulting
- Tax planning and compliance
- Non-profit tax returns (IRS Form 990 preparation)
- Unrelated business income
- Property and sales and use tax consultation
- Tax exemption application consulting and Form 1023 preparation
- Application for exempt status (501(c)(3))
- Tax exempt planning concerning related entities